Labour & Employment
Labour & Employment
The firm provides services in all fields of Labour Law: individual (employer-employees relationship), collective (employers-trade unions relationship), occupational safety and health (OSH management and prevention), and Social Security Law.
We provide preventive advice based on four instruments::
- Consulting Services: regular assistance on the application of labour regulations that impact on our clients' activities.
- Collective bargaining: we assist and represent clients in bipartite negotiations at company level, in tripartite meetings before the National Labour Directorate (DINATRA) and in institutionalized negotiations before the Wage Councils.
- Training: we provide in-company workshops on topics of practical relevance in the field.
- Labour audits: we carry out audits (due diligence) in order to review the degree of compliance with current regulations and identify risks, proposing solutions aimed at mitigating them.
Once the preventive and bargaining process is exhausted, we participate in several instances of dispute resolution:
- Litigation before Labour Courts for individual claims, before Civil Courts for collective claims and before the Administrative Court for the annulment of administrative acts.
- Administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MTSS) and DINATRA for the settlement of individual and collective disputes, before the General Bureau of Labour and Social Security (IGTSS) for inspections or sanctions and before the Social Security Fund (BPS) for appraisals.
- Arbitration for the settlement of individual or collective disputes.
- Internal administrative investigations conducted at companies, focused on the different matters such as the investigation of labour offences, workplace harassment claims, etc.
We advise companies interested in investing and settling in our country in relation to: filing labour documentation before the MTSS, determination of the corresponding activity group within the Wages Councils, managing work permits, visas and residences necessary for foreign workers, and assisting in the determination and interpretation of labour standards applicable to their activity.
Labour Relations and Human Management
We provide assistance on the management of labour relations, regarding both individual and collective aspects, offering, among others, the following services: training to the staff of the Human Resources Management Departments, in both regulatory and management aspects; advice in the elaboration of labour relation policies that allow to position the company in relation to its union; assistance in the process of improving the work climate and in aspects related to the commitment of the workers, productivity, performance evaluation, variable remuneration and valuation of jobs.
We provide daily advice to our clients on queries regarding the different social security regimes in force in our regulation. We offer services in the analysis of personal situations regarding retirement or pension benefits provided by the Social Insurance Bank, the AFAP`s or any other parastatal organization.
We assist Uruguayan and foreigners on the proper use of international social security agreements. Moreover, we sponsor our clients in actions for collection of social security tax obligations.